Loaded Chicken Chowder
Should we really eat chowder that isn't loaded? Absolutely not! Thank goodness this chowder is chalked full of chicken, peppers, peas and of course, bacon!
See more from Natasha at natashatheprocrastibaker
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cream
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup peas
- 1 pepper
- 1/2 tbsp garlic
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp corn starch (and water to create slurry)
- 2 tsp pepper
- 4-5 strips of bacon
- Green onions and chili flakes
- Chop up your @trulocal chicken breasts into cubes and add them to an oiled pan on medium heat and cook for 6-8 minutes per side.
- Once it’s cooked, remove it from the pan and add in the chopped @trulocal bacon. Cook for 1-2 minutes per side.
- To a pot add the chicken broth, cream, pepper, garlic, peas, and salt.
- To a separate bowl mix together the corn starch and water to create a slurry. Add this into the mix and stir consistently to avoid clumping.
- Let it boil over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Once it starts to thicken, add in the chicken and bacon and let it boil for another 5 minutes.
- Top with green onions and chilli flakes