Korean Beef Bowls
- 1 package of ground beef
- 2-3 green onions (use the white bottoms in your pan and the green tops for garnish- I like to say, never too many)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cups rice
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp chili oil (optional if you are cooking for children)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- Salt and pepper
For the garnish,
- All green onion tops
- a pinch of sesame seeds
1. Cook the beef in a skillet on medium-high with the garlic and some olive oil until it is no longer pink.
2. Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl (who am I kidding, I just throw them in the skillet) and pour over/mix into the meat.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low, let the flavours blend together for a few minutes. I like to wait until the liquid evaporates a little.
4. Serve over cooked rice and add garnish of your choice: sesame seeds, cucumbers and green onions- go crazy (while still trying to make it look presentable)!