Want to serve a hearty, filling, fall-winter classic? You're looking right at it! Beef Stroganoff is the perfect meal to have on a cold day, delicious served over any starch and incredibly flavourful- oh yes, and simple to prepare. You cannot go wrong!
- 1 pack of penne pasta
- 1 package of ground beef
- 1/3 bunch of fresh parsley
- 1 pack of mushrooms (any kind is delicious here!)
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1/3 cup of sour cream
- 1/3 cup of Chardonnay (you can replace this with chicken stock if you do not want any alcohol in your meal!)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- one tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. of butter
- 4 tbsp. of flour
- 4 scallions, thinly chopped
- 1 1/2 cup of Beef broth
1. In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter and add ground beef with garlic- season with salt and pepper, and toss until the beef is browned.
2. Add scallions and stir for an additional 3-4 minutes.
3. Once you start noticing juice when you move the meat aside, toss everything on one side of your pot and stir in the flour, mixing with the juice until it is creamy.
4. Add the beef broth and bring to a boil.
5. Lower the heat and stir in the mustard.
6. Cover and let simmer for 30-40 minutes.
7. Keep adding salt and pepper for taste, as you see fit.
8.About 5 minutes before your serve, add in the Chardonnay and the sour cream- stir and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Enjoy!