Dairy-Free Tarragon Chicken
See more from Danielle Dueck at www.instagram.com/thyme_to_nourish
- 4 Chicken Thighs
- 6 oz of Cremini Mushrooms sliced
- ½ large Yellow Onion Chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- Juice from a Lemon
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- Coconut Cream from 1 can of coconut milk
- Handful of fresh Tarragon Leaves
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Avocado Oil
- Rinse your chicken thighs in cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle with salt and pepperto your taste.
- Heat a large skillet over medium. Add avocado oil and then place chicken thighs, browning for about2-3 minutes on each side before removing and placing to the side.
- Add in your sliced mushrooms and sauté for about 5-7 minutes, or until browned then add in onion.Continue to sauté for 2-3 minutes or until the onions have become translucent before adding in garlic, sauté for 30 seconds and garlic has become fragrant. Add in dijon, lemon juice and coconut cream, stirring until combined into a thick sauce.
- Place browned chicken thighs back into the skillet, lower heat to a low simmer and cook with lid on for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until chicken thighs are cooked through (until internal temperature is 165F). Garnish with fresh tarragon and serve immediately