Chicken Pot Pie
Chicken pot pie made EASY! Ready in as little as 30 minutes - this is going to be a regular in your house soon!
See more from Natasha at natashatheprocrastibaker
- 2 pre-made pie crusts
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups frozen vegetables (carrots, corns, and peas)
- 1/4 white onion, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cups cream
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 egg
- Slice the chicken breast into cubes. Add oil to a pan and cook on medium heat for 5-7 minutes (or until fully cooked).
- To a pan add the frozen vegetables (carrots, corns, and peas) and onions. Let them cook for 4-5 minutes. Once cooked, add the chicken back in and pour in the milk and cream. Let it cook for another 5 minutes. Add in your seasonings (oregano, salt, pepper, etc.).
- Stir in the flour and let it cook for another 5 minutes (if the sauce is still runny, add another 1 teaspoon of flour).
- Prepare the pie crusts according to the package instructions.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust. Slice the second pie crust into strips and lay over the pie in a lattice pattern. Brush with egg wash.
- Bake at 350F for 5-10 minutes (or until the crust is brown).
- Let it cool for 10 minutes before slicing.