Apple Pie Chicken and Waffles
Crispy chicken, waffles , apples AND ice cream?! Why didn't we think of this before!
See more from Natasha at natashatheprocrastibaker
- one apple
- two tsp cinnamon
- one cup flour
- one third cup sugar
- two tsp baking powder
- one egg white
- three quarter cup milk
- quarter cup butter, melted
- half tsp vanilla
- two boneless skinless chicken breasts
- two eggs
- three cups breadcrumbs
- two tbsp caramel
- one apple, diced
- half tsp cinnamon
- two water
- half cornstarch
- Cut the two chicken breasts in half (length-wise).
- In a bowl crack 2 eggs and mix together.
- Dip the chicken breasts in the egg wash and then in breadcrumbs (repeat for a second coat).
- Air fry at 350F for 14 minutes (this can also be done in the oven).
- For the waffles, mix together flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- In a mixer, add the egg white and mix until you have stiff peaks.
- Dice one apple.
- In another bowl, add the milk, butter, and vanilla. Once it’s all mixed together, combine with the dry ingredients, apples, and cinnamon.
- Then, fold in the egg whites.
- Cook the waffles in a waffle maker for 6 minutes.
- For the topping, dice one apple and to a bowl add caramel sauce, cinnamon, and water.
- Bring to a boil over the stove on medium heat and cook until apples are tender. Add corn starch to thicken.
- Top with ice cream (optional).