Cod Coconut Curry
Moist and flaky cod fillets poached in a flavour-packed Thai-inspired coconut curry sauce.
See more from Stephanie Kay at www.kaynutrition.com
- four wild-caught Icelandic cod fillets
- half tbsp coconut oil
- one small onion, diced
- two carrots, peeled and sliced
- two cloves garlic, minced
- one inch ginger root, grated or minced
- one cup broccoli florets, roughly chopped
- three tbsp red curry paste
- one can coconut milk
- one tsp fish sauce (optional)
- sea salt
- In a large pan on medium heat, melt the coconut oil. Once melted, add onion and carrots and cook for 2-3 minutes until tender.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook for additional 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add curry paste, stir to combine with vegetable mixture and allow to heat about 1 minute until fragrant. Feel free to add as much or as little curry paste as you like to suit your spice/heat preferences.
- Add coconut milk and fish sauce (optional), stir to combine and bring to a gentle boil.
- Once the bubbling, reduce to a simmer, add cod fillets and broccoli florets and cook for 5-7 minutes until the cod is tender and flaky. Season with salt to taste.
- Once cooked, transfer to bowls and serve with jasmine rice, cilantro and a slice of lime.