New York style Keto Bagels
You know those foods that take you back to a place you’ve been with one bite? That’s me with these bagels. Here’s my version which happens to be totally Keto approved with some bagels made with fat head dough! The recipe makes 6 baked bagels - the toppings are listed for one bagel!
See more from at Kristen www.instagram.com/soulstars27
- three cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- quarter cup full fat cream cheese
- three eggs, divided
- one cups almond flour
- one tbsp baking powder
- one tbsp ground flax seeds (optional)
- one tbsp Everything Bagel Seasoning
- two oz smoked salmon
- two tbsp cream cheese
- two tbsp red onion, thinly sliced
- one cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- one tbsp capers
- one cup garlic sprouts
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the mozzarella and the cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl and set 30 seconds at a time until melted and combined (stirring between each 30 secs.
- Form the dough and roll it out in your hands to a log shape and cut into sixths. Bring the 2 ends together and pinch the dough closed. Repeat with each ball of log of dough.
- Place onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Take your remaining egg and whisk in a small bowl until combined and gently coat the top of the bagels with the egg wash.
- Sprinkle liberally with everything bagel seasoning.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once cooled, cut the bagel in half and layer with smoked salmon, cream cheese, red onion, cucumber, capers, garlic sprouts and sea salt.