Brown Butter Sage Chicken Pasta
Calling all those who are craving something cozy! This recipe was designed for you! Made with apple cider, sage and warm browned butter.... your insides will be feeling cozy in no time!
See more from Kylie at www.instagram.com/salt edsunday
- eight boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- eight leaves fresh sage
- two tsp garlic powder
- two tsp onion powder
- one lemon, zested
- olive oil, for drizzling
- one package gluten free linguine
- quarter cup salted butter
- one and a quarter cup apple cider
- two cloves garlic, minced
- one shallot, diced
- half tsp thyme
- one tsp red pepper flakes
- half lemon juice
- one small package spinach
- eight slices bacon
- quarter cup maple syrup
- one ball burrata cheese (divided into quarters)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay bacon slices flat on sheet. Drizzle maple syrup over bacon and make sure it is well coated. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until browned and crispy.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package directions, until al dente. Just before draining, remove 1 cup of the pasta cooking water. Drain the pasta, set aside.
- Clean and prepare chicken. Arrange 1-2 sage leaves on each chicken thigh, then roll until sage is secured in the chicken thigh and close the thigh with a toothpick. Repeat until all chicken is full of sage and rolled. Season the chicken with garlic powder, onion powder, salt + pepper on both sides. Sprinkle half of the lemon zest over the chicken and set aside for about 5 minutes.
- Preheat a cast iron pan on medium/medium low heat. Once hot, add the butter, allow the butter to brown, until it smells toasted, about 2-3 minutes. Stir often. It will begin to bubble and froth, that is how you know it is almost ready. Once browned, pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to the brown buttered pan, without wiping it out. Pre heat on medium/medium low heat. Once hot, add chicken and cover, let chicken brown on either side till almost fully cooked, about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- While the pan is still hot, add in your apple cider to deglaze the pan. Add garlic, shallots, remaining lemon zest, juice of 1/2 lemon, thyme, red pepper flakes, browned butter + 1/2 cup reserved pasta water. Cook this down until reduced, about 15-20 minutes. Add chicken back to pan, as well as spinach, cover and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- You can choose to take the chicken out and slice them and serve them sliced on top of pasta. Or you can keep them in the pan.
- Before serving, add pasta to the sauce pan, toss until coated. Serve with candied maple bacon, chicken thighs + 1/4 of a burrata ball on each plate...Enjoy