California Chicken Breakfast Bagels
Layered with savoury pesto, salty mozzarella, creamy avocado and a chicken breakfast patty, this California chicken breakfast bagel is a flavour-packed and high-protein meal.
- one chicken breakfast patty *
- one egg
- one multigrain bagel
- one tbsp pesto
- one slice mozzarella cheese
- two slices tomato
- quarter cup arugula
- quarter avocado, sliced
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat, drizzle a little olive oil, add chicken patty to one side of the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Crack egg into a small bowl, season with salt and pepper and whisk to combine.
- Add the whisked egg to the pan with the chicken patty, sticking to the other side of the pan, and scramble the egg.
- While the chicken sausage and egg are cooking, add the sliced bagel to a toaster and toast until golden brown.
- Once the chicken patty and egg are cooked, assemble the breakfast bagel.
- Add pesto the bottom of the bagel, and then layer with arugula, chicken sausage patty, scrambled egg, cheese, tomato and avocado.
- Serve and enjoy!
*If you don't have chicken patties on hand, any type of bacon would be an incredible substitute.