Souped Up Instant Ramen
Ramen bowls that you can make at home? YES! It's time to whip up this delicious creation int he comfort of your own home. So slurp, sip or spoon the noodles into your mouth however you please ... we won't judge!
- one tsp sesame oil
- three quarter cup frozen corn
- eight mushrooms, sliced
- three whole scallions, sliced with whites and greens separated
- 12 cups water
- one chicken bouillon cube
- two whole cloves of garlic
- four chicken thighs, bone-in and skin on
- quarter tsp oyster sauce
- quarter tsp hoisin sauce
- quarter tsp fish sauce
- quarter tsp ground ginger
- quarter tsp sea salt
- three packs dried Ichiban noodles, flavor packets removed
- one egg per serving you are planning on serving immediately
- Heat a large saucepan on high. Add sesame oil, frozen corn, mushrooms, and scallion whites. Cook until the mushrooms are starting to become soft, approximately 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add water, bouillon cube, garlic, and chicken thighs and bring to a boil. Once the water is boiling, add the oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, fish sauce, ground ginger, and salt to the broth. Boil until the chicken is cooked through, approximately 20 to 25 minutes. Remove chicken and garlic cloves.
- Allow broth to simmer on low while removing the skin from the chicken and shredding it off of the bones. Add the chicken back to the broth and the dried Ichiban noodles. Cook until the noodles start to become soft, approximately 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat, scoop into bowls, and top with sliced scallion greens. Serve immediately.
- In a separate pot, bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to a soft boil. Add eggs to the boiling water and let boil for 6 minutes. Remove from heat and immediately submerge in an ice bath. Peel the egg and serve on top of the bowls of ramen.