Goat Cheese Bucatini
Believe it or not, this Goat Cheese Bucatini tastes even better than it looks!
- eight oz dried bucatini noodles
- three tbsp sun dried tomatoes, plus one tsp of the oil from the jar
- three shallots, sliced (about 1 cup)
- six oz chicken sausage (about 2 links)
- three tbsp chicken broth
- three cups baby spinach
- one small packet of goat cheese (about 100g)
- one tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook bucatini to package instructions. Be sure to save 1 cup of pasta water at the end of the cooking process. I recommend removing and draining the pasta just before it is cooked to al dente. Then add the pasta to the pan with the sauce in it to complete the cooking process.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet on medium-high heat, add the oil from the sundried tomatoes and shallots. Cook until soft, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add the sundried tomatoes and mushrooms to the skillet and cook until the mushrooms start to change color, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add the turkey sausage and cook, breaking apart the meat until it is no longer pink, approximately 5 minutes.
- Bring heat to high and add the chicken broth. Stir to deglaze the pan. Add spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted, approximately 1 minute and bring heat down to low.
- Add bucatini noodles to the skillet, crumbled goat cheese over the noodles. Stir noodles into the sauce to combine, until the goat cheese is fully melted. Add salt and pepper to taste. Scoop into bowls and top with parmesan cheese and serve.