Lightened Up Gravy
You've made the perfect roast, creamy mashed potatoes and the healthiest of side salads. Now it's time to put the cherry (or gravy in this case!) on top!
- two cups beef bone broth
- one small onion, chopped
- one stalk celery, chopped
- one cup water
- one tsp soy sauce
- quarter all-purpose flour
- poultry seasoning to taste
- half tsp everything bagel seasoning or to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat the broth, onion, carrot and celery to boiling and then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour broth through a strainer, pressing vegetables lightly to extract the juice. Return broth to the saucepan.
- In a small bowl, combine the water, soy sauce, flour and poultry seasoning and whisk until smooth. Gradually stir flour mixture into broth in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly, until thick and bubbly. Enjoy!