Bacon & Egg Cups
These delicious bacon and egg cups are the winner of the 2020 truLOCAL Bacon Recipe Challenge. Congratulations, Kim!
- one lb bacon
- one package Pillsbury low sodium croissant dough
- four eggs
- one cup shredded cheese
- one tbsp freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375F. Roll out your 8 Pillsbury crescent roll triangles forming them into cups and pressing them down lightly with a fork in a muffin tray. Pop into the oven for about 8 mins and press them down again to make room for your fillers!
2. Scramble 4 eggs and cook on a frying pan on medium heat about halfway so it’s still runny. You’re popping these bad boys back into the oven so you don’t want them overcooked.
3. Cook your @trulocal bacon on medium heat in a frying pan to your desired texture. Place them on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb the excess grease.
4. Assemble your cups by adding in the scrambled eggs, a little bit of shredded cheese and top them with bacon.
5. Pop them back into the oven for about 5-8 mins until the croissant is a light brown toasted colour. Enjoy with a sprinkle of freshly ground pepper. Ta-dah! Feast mode!