Steak Kabobs with Cilantro Sauce
We've got 99 problems but Cilantro ain't one! If you're still looking for some inspiration on the BBQ, look no further. These amazing skewers are easy to make, and they're sure to have you and your guests drooling!
See more from Stephanie Kay at www.kaynutrition.com
- two top sirloin steaks
- one cup olive oil
- four cloves garlic, minced
- one lemon, juiced
- one tbsp balsamic vinegar
- one tsp sea salt
- one tsp black pepper
- one yellow bell pepper, cut into 1" squares
- one red onion, cut into 1" squares
- eight button mushrooms, ends removed
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- eight wooden or metal skewers
- one bunch cilantro, stems removed
- one bunch parsley, stems removed
- red chillies (optional)
- one clove garlic
- one cup olive oil + more as needed
- one small lemon, juiced
- one tbsp red wine vinegar
- one tsp sea salt
1. In a large bowl, combine the steak marinade ingredients and stir to combine. Add in the cubed steak and toss it in the marinade to ensure it is well coated. Transfer the beef to a plastic bag (or leave it in the bowl) and place it in the fridge for 1 hour (up to 8 hours) to marinade.
2. While the beef is marinating, prepare the cilantro sauce. Add the ingredients to a blender and puree on high until smooth. You are looking for a rich, creamy consistency. If your sauce is too oily, add some more cilantro/parsley, if it is too thick simply thin it with a little olive oil. Season with added vinegar and sea salt to taste, and set aside.
3. Once the beef has marinated, begin assembling the skewers, alternating between beef and vegetables. There should be enough ingredients to create 8 skewers, with 4 pieces of beef per skewer, 1 mushroom, 2 cherry tomatoes, bell pepper and red onion.
4. Heat the grill or BBQ to a medium-high heat, about 450°F, and add skewers to the grill for 8-10 minutes turning half way through.
5. Once cooked, remove steak kabobs from the skill and allow to rest 5 minutes before serving to ensure the juices don’t run when sliced.
6. Serve warm with cilantro sauce and enjoy!
NOTE: If you are using wooden skewers you will need to soak them ahead of time. Soaking them helps to ensure that they do not burn on the grill. Simply toss them in cold water for about 30 minutes.