Cilantro Lime Chicken Thighs
Fresh and zesty, these grilled cilantro lime chicken thighs are perfectly crispy on the outside while being tender and juicy on the inside. Serve them with a side of rice or pop them on a salad, they are the perfect weeknight dinner.
See more from Stephanie Kay at www.kaynutrition.com
- one and a half lb chicken thighs, skinless, boneless
- third cup olive oil
- two limes, zested and juiced
- three cloves garlic
- one tbsp honey
- quarter cup fresh cilantro, leaves and stems
- half tsp ground cumin
- half tsp sea salt
- quarter tsp black pepper
1. In a small food processor or a blender, combine the olive oil, lime zest, lime juice, garlic, honey, cilantro, cumin, salt and pepper and blend until well combined.
2. Place chicken in a large bowl, pour cilantro lime marinade over all of the chicken and then, using your hands or tongs, toss until the chicken is well coated. Transfer the chicken to the fridge and allow to marinate for at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
3. Once the chicken is ready, pre-heat a grill to medium-high heat. Add chicken to the grill and cook for 12-14 minutes, turning a couple of times, until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Remove cooked chicken from the grill and garnish with fresh cilantro and lime wedges to serve.