- Collection of Information: We aim to collect, use and disclose only such information as is required to enable us to manage your account, to provide the Services, to maintain our customer/visitor lists, to respond to your inquiries or provide feedback, for identification and authentication purposes and for service improvement. We will maintain the confidentiality of any contact information you provide to us on signing up for our Services or contacting us with questions or for further information and we will use it only for the purposes for which we have collected it (subject to the exclusions and disclosures we have listed below), unless you agree that we may disclose it to other third parties.
"Personal Information" is information about an identifiable individual or is linked to an identifiable individual, such as name, address, e-mail address, your device's IP address, credit card information, birth date and gender. At the time of collection, we will clearly identify the information being collected and the purposes for which it will be used. It is always your choice whether or not to provide Personal Information but if you choose not to provide certain requested Personal Information, in some instances you may not be able to register to use the Website or Services or be able to access and use the Website or Services at all. In other instances, your choice not to provide certain other Personal Information may mean that you will not be able to use certain features of the Website or Services. We may collect Personal Information in respect of the Website through registration processes, communications with you, service purchases, user support and surveys.
Personal Information Collected: TruLOCAL collects the following types of Personal Information from users who register for the Services for the purposes more specifically set out below:
- first name;
- last name;
- full address;
- number of members in household;
- phone number;
- email address;
- credit card and billing information;
- device screen size;
- device type (unique device identifiers) and browser information;
- geographic location (country only); and
- preferred language used to display the webpage.
In addition, the TruLOCAL Services will automatically store information about your transaction history in using the Services, including order details.
Use of Information: We collect information for the following purposes
- Registration: In order to order our Services you must provide certain Personal Information to us such as your full name, address, phone number, credit card or PayPal Information and email address. We offer users the option to login using a social networking site (“SNS”) such as Facebook or Twitter. If you use an SNS login, we will collect only the information we require for registration, but we will not collect any other Personal Information such as friends’ lists. Your account registration information will not be shared with any other users of the Website or our Services.
- Provision of the Services: TruLOCAL uses your name and address to deliver the products you order through the Services, including any orders placed as a result of special offers or promotions.
- Personalization of the Services: In addition to the Personal Information required to administer your account, TruLOCAL collects demographic information such as age and household members to in order provide relevant order suggestions for your meat deliveries.
- Statistics: We also collect statistics about use of the Services used through the Website, including order types by demographic and location. We use this information to improve the Services and available products. This information will be kept confidential, however, aggregate statistics that constitute Non-Personal Information will be kept by us and such aggregate statistics may be made available to other members or third parties.
You can opt-out to the creation of a user profile, FullStory’s storage of data about your usage of our Website and FullStory’s use of tracking cookies on other websites by following this opt-out link: https://www.fullstory.com/optout/.
By continuing to use TruLOCAL website, you consent to the processing of the above data by TruLocal and the third party services they use in accordance with their respective privacy policies. To opt out, please visit the following link: https://www.fullstory.com/optout/.
Our servers and those of our data processors are located in Canada and accordingly your Personal Information may be available to Canadian government or its agencies under a lawful order, irrespective of the safeguards we have put in place for the protection of your Personal Information.
From time to time, we may employ third parties to help us improve the Website and/or the Services. These third parties may have limited access to databases of user information solely for the purpose of helping us to improve the Website and/or the Services and they will be subject to contractual restrictions prohibiting them from using the information about our members for any other purpose.
In order to provide delivery services to you, we are required to share your name and address with our third-party delivery services providers.
We may also share contact information with our direct affiliates (other companies that we control or with which we are under common control). In particular, we share Facebook Audiences list among our affiliates, which are lists of Facebook users who may be interested in our products and services, which have aggregated by Facebook based on the contact information we have.
Security: The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Personal Information in a secure environment. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps designed to protect Personal Information that you provide to us. We have implemented procedures designed to limit the dissemination of your Personal Information to only such designated staff as are reasonably necessary to carry out the stated purposes we have communicated to you.
In certain areas, such as when you provide credit card or other payment information to us, the Website works to help protect the security of your credit card and other payment information during transmission by using industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology.
You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your Personal Information. For instance, never give out your email account information or your password for the Services to third parties.
Access and Accuracy: You have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you in order to verify the Personal Information we have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information although in certain limited circumstances, we may not be able to make all relevant information available to you such as where that information also pertains to another user. In such circumstances we will provide reasons for the denial to you upon request. We will endeavor to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner.We will make every reasonable effort to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date, and we will provide you with mechanisms to update, correct, delete or add to your Personal Information as appropriate. As appropriate, this amended Personal Information will be transmitted to those parties to which we are permitted to disclose your information. Having accurate Personal Information about you enables us to give you the best possible service.
- Electronic Communications: By providing your phone number, you consent to receive electronic communications from TruLocal either in the form of email, push notifications, text messages (SMS) to your mobile device or other forms of electronic messages. Message frequency will vary. You can always follow the protocol to stop or cancel SMS notifications. Note that standard message and data rates may apply. Any electronic communication shall satisfy any legal requirement that such communication or notification be in writing.
- Contact: You can help by keeping us informed of any changes such as a change of address or telephone number. If you would like to access your information, if you have any questions, comments or suggestions of if you find any errors in our information about you, please contact us at [email protected] or [email protected].
Last Updated: July 15, 2021